A & E Services Group, LLC was established in 2018 to provide administrative support and technical assistance to both the public and private sectors for projects and programs in the areas of: housing, community development and economic planning and development.
Peter J. Testa Jr., the owner and managing member has over 29 years of successful project management with Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Small Cities Programs. Background in construction Developing relationships and established critical lines of communications with Town officials, board members, administrative assistants and department heads allows for the effective operation and administrative management of CDBG programs.
Administration of in excess of $32 million of CDGB related construction activities.
A&E Services Group, LLC provides administration of the Municipalities funding requirements.
Providing grant administration and project oversight services for related CDBG funded projects. A&E Services Group, LLC (AESG) offers additional typical project delivery requirements such as title searches for 1-4 family residential properties, lead-based paint testing all on an as needed basis and under contract with AESG. This approach allows for a more effective project delivery. All sub-contractors of AESG are vetted for federal debarment.
Title Searches are performed by Yankee Title & Appraisal or Eastland Title Services. Both firms are duly licensed and insured to perform their duties and are under contract with AESG. A review of the SAMS federal debarred check both firms are devoid of any prohibition on either firm. Title searches are performed in one of two manners; current owner/bring to date or full search. A full search is performed when the owner of title has held title in excess of 40 years.
Lead paint testing will be performed be Safe Homes, Inc of Waterbury.
- Twenty-nine years of successful management Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Small Cities Programs.
- Initiated and completed numerous housing authority projects requiring Section 3, Davis-Bacon Wage Rate compliance, certified payroll review, employee interviews and related reporting.
- Direct oversight of Housing Rehabilitation Programs. Including project implementation, administration and completion.
- Develop relationships and establish lines of communications with Town’s officials, board members, administrative assistants, and department heads in the establishment of the overall operation and administrative management of CDBG programs.
- Completed several hundred units of residential rehabilitation. Ensuring compliance with Section 8, Housing Quality Standards.
- Administration of in excess of $32 million of CDBG related construction activities.
- Initiated and completed numerous housing authority projects which required Davis-Bacon Wage Rate compliance, certified payroll review, employee interviews and related reporting.
- Creation of construction cost estimates, technical specifications, bid documents and construction contracts.
- Creation of loan and contract documents. Schedule and conduct loan closings and contract signings.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in residential construction and rehabilitation industry, along with a broad knowledge in the related International Building Code, NFPA 72, and residential plumbing codes.
- Licensed Home Improvement Contractor # 0651442.
Graduate Wolcott High School
1982 – 1990 | Testa Building. Self-employed General Contractor, specializing in residential construction and remodeling for eight years.
1990 – 2017 | L. Wagner & Associates: Director, Housing Rehabilitation Services.
State of Connecticut DOH CDBG 101
National Community Development Association
CDBG Basics: Training for Practitioners
National Community Development Association Home Basics Course
Certificate of Achievement – Administration of CDBG Program
Connecticut Community Development Association Housing Rehabilitation Training 4 Part Series Seminar
The National Environmental Health Association & National Center for Healthy Homes, Healthy Homes Specialist.
The National Healthy Homes Training Center Healthy Homes Practitioners Course
Healthy Homes Rating System Assessor
University of Massachusetts, Division of Continuing Education
Lead Inspector – CT 107E S3
Enviro-Med Services Inc, Lead Inspector Training
Environmental Training & Assessment RRP Certification
Lead Safe Work Practices Certification
U.S. Dept of Housing and Urban Development Visual Assessment Course
Cook College, Radon Measurement & Mitigation
Building Officials & Code Administrators International, Inc.
1&2 Family Dwelling Building Residential Inspection Seminar
Lorman Education Services Construction Lien Law
Lorman Education Services Comprehensive Construction Law